Hello my favorite little munchkins. How are you all doing? I am doing okay. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS. I hope you all are having a good day. Anyways I finally wrapped up all the Christmas gifts I bought and put them all underneath the tree. I am officially on break from school. I have also been able to read another book and post the review (WHICH IS GOING TO BE SHORT) and, now I only have one more book I plan to review before the end of the year. Maybe more if I can. Anyways I hope you all have a great day and tomorrow I will be posting a bunch of TAGS so I hope you all are still able to read them.
Anyways you all came here to read this review and not here all my rambles so let us get started, shall we?
GENRE: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Young Adult
AUTHOR: Darin C. Brown
PUBLISHER: Beaver’s Pond Press
PUBLISHING DATE: October 6, 2017
Description According to GoodReads, “Hunter Miller sees demons. The terrifying shadows engulf him and everyone he knows—yet nobody else notices their presence.
Hunter can’t escape them, so he sets out to understand them. Why do they follow him? What are they trying to tell him?
In this first installment of the Master of Perceptions series, pre-teen Hunter discovers that every sensation the demons produce—whether it be sight, sound, texture, flavor, or smell—has a different meaning, and that by breaking this code, he just might be able to harness their power.”
- I absolutely loved the writing style of the book and how the author was able to convey everything to the readers.
- During this book the author will present you with bits and pieces of what may happen and clues leaving you on the edge all the way until the end where he leaves the first installment of the book series in a good yet still wanting to know area.
- I loved when I was finally able to get to the part of the story where we find out more about Hunter and how his abilities start to develop.
- I enjoyed how in certain aspect this is a family story as the main character, Hunter, and his grandfather went on this journey throughout the story and his grandfather was helping him develop his abilities and find out more throughout the story.
- I was 100% surprised about one event that happens in the book and if you choose to read this book you will be to.
I enjoyed this book very much but it didn’t affect me personally like the way I thought it would.
I give this book 4/5 stars
About the Author:
DARIN C. BROWN spent the last twenty years saving lives as an emergency medicine physician in New Hampshire and Maine. His master’s degree in biomedical engineering and PhD in biophysics helped him conceptualize Hunter’s astounding capabilities. When he’s not writing, he directs Murder Mystery Dinner Theater, including the biannual shows on the Conway Scenic Railroad. In addition to his varied academic interests, he competes at the national level in master’s track. He currently resides in the White Mountains of New Hampshire with his wife, Dr. Sandra Brown, and their many pets.
You can click the following to get to each area where the author is:
You can buy the book on several platforms just click the following links:
PAPERBACK (BARNES AND NOBLE)
PAPERBACK (BOOK DEPOSITORY)
You can enter the following giveaway on GoodReads, HERE. (US ONLY) Sorry for anyone international but I still hope the following links above can allow you to get the book.