Author: Dakota Willink
Narrators: Lacy Laurel, Jeffrey Kafer
Series: Stone, Book One
Length: 14 hours
Publisher: Dakota Willink, LLC
Released: June 29, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Krystina Cole was a girl on a mission. She had big dreams and aspirations, none of which included a man by her side. She knew better than that – at least until she met Alexander Stone, the New York billionaire real estate tycoon. She saw the way that he looked at her, and the dark promises in his eyes. She was curious about his world and all that it entailed. But the shadows of her past haunted her, making her afraid to explore possibilities that she could never before have imagined…
Alexander Stone was a man who knew how to get what he wanted. He understood the value of finesse, and the importance of patience and diligence to achieve the desired result. He was successful and wealthy, relying on his naturally sharp instincts to guide him through life. But a chance run in with Krystina Cole quickly turned his world upside down. Her quick wit and firecracker attitude was the complete opposite of what he wanted in a woman, and his instincts failed him at every turn…
However, both Krystina and Alexander are clinging to the secrets in their past, and neither of them are willing to compromise. Krystina’s hardened heart makes emotional surrender a hard limit. But for Alexander, revealing his past could have devastating results.
- I loved hearing it from both points of views.
- I LOVED the character development.
- BOTH characters have a past that has led them to be who they are.
- Both characters are extremely fun to read/ hear about and to learn about why the way they are theirselves at that certain point.
- I loved the character development and by that I mean I loved how the characters improved and changed to be better than they were originally.
- There is SOOOO much tension between the two main characters and I LOVED it. Like there is so much push and pull that I can’t even.
- I loved how Krystina didn’t take any of the shit that Alexander tried to pull at moments and stood up for herself in other retrospects.
- I LOVED ALEXANDER AND I JUST COULDN’T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH OF HIM AND ALL OF THE MYSTERY SURROUNDING HIM.
- The authors writing style had a perfect flow to it.
- And you would think it went one way and THAN IT COMPLETELY CHANGED AND WENT A DIFFERENT WAY.
- THIS IS STEAMY BUT IT ISN’T LIKE 50 SHADES!!!
- THIS BOOK IS APART OF A SERIES SO YOU CAN READ THIS BOOK AS A STANDALONE YET YOU CAN ALSO READ IT AS A SERIES WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING.
- THIS story did take awhile for me to get into but after a certain point I certainly loved it I just had to get to a part that I really loved.
- The writing style of this book was perfect and kept me engaged for a majority of the book.
- The cliffhanger of the book was defintally unexacting yet filled with a certain amount of closure but not enough to just stop reading right there.
I gave this book 4/5 Stars
Question: What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Dakota Willink: Setting up my christmas trees. I have five of them. The first tree is for all the “kids” ornaments. The second tree is, as my husband likes to call it, a catalogue tree. A Polar Express train circles the base and it’s full up with ribbons, bows, beads, and elegant ornaments that all follow a color theme. The third tree is my travel tree and has ornaments from all our family vacations. The fourth is a wine tree – pretty self explanatory, as it’s full of wine themed ornaments. The fifth is a Star Wars tree – I have a slight obsession.
Heart of Stone, Book 1
Stepping Stone, Book 2