Hello my favorite little munchkins. How are you all doing? I am doing well. The rain is finally coming into the Bay Area so I think it is safe to say we are somewhat glad for that so that some of the damn smoke can finally go away. I have already started my Christmas shopping and making of the gifts soooooo……yeah. I mean why need a holiday like thanksgiving? When you can have Christmas? Of course others celebrate other holiday and you do you! Celebrate what you want and even tell me what it is.
This book tag is called The Ultimate Book Tag and it was created by the lovely ladies at Chapter Chicks.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, I do not thankfully. That would honestly be the worst possible thing for me because I love to read during car rides for some odd reason. It is just peaceful.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Angie Thomas, just because her writing style is just so now. What I mean by that is that she is straight to the point while also leaving mystery like every other type of book but making it more relatable to the common person in this time and day.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, of course! (But, like I have 1000000000% divorced J.K. Rowling)
The first would be because of Magic.
The second would be because of Newt Scamander, because I mean why else wouldn’t you love him. AND HE IS A HUFFLEPUFF!!!
The Third is because of the Marauders. If you know who or what I am talking about than good, but if not than there is no current rush to go and find out.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I don’t really carry a book bag. I mostly just hold my books or I will put them in them in the nearest bag to me and go.
5. Do you smell your books?
I mean….yeah. BUT HAVE YOU SMELLED BOOKS BEFORE? THEY SMELL AMAZING. FROM OLD TO NEW. AND NOTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD REMAINS LIKE THAT!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without. I don’t really care for graphics. I like to come up with my own images in my brain for the characters and the setting instead of having a set way for what they would be like or what the area would be like.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Honestly, Harry Potter. I mean the whole entire idea of the book was pretty grand for the time but the lack of development in many characters, the whole not thinking of anything besides the solid, ‘white, male, christian, heterosexual character.’
And even the idea of the houses can be questioned. I mean don’t get me wrong I love the series but I won’t stop to point out its many flaws.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
So, when I was younger I got grounded and instead of having restrictions like not going outside or hanging out with friends. I got books taken away. So then me, being well, me. Hunted the books down and found them and then would slowly sneak them one by one back into my room but however I was caught and got them all taken away again.
HOWEVER, I had a good dozen safely hidden away so I was able to read them.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
This old comic book that my dad gave to me for my birthday last year.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
War and Peace. It is about 1000 pages or even longer. It does take up a pretty big amount of space on my bookshelf.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write. I have never finished a book but I have tried. The longest I got was to 20k but then I gave up like I usually do, but hopefully I believe one day I will be able to finish one and may even become a author. *Fingers Crossed*
12. When did you get into reading?
I started reading during the end of 5th grade really hard core but I was reading sporadically during all of my elementary schooling.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I honestly don’t have any. Most classic books bore more if I am being completely truthful.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
It was and still is History.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would smile and thank whoever gave it to me, re-wrap it and donate it to a foundation or give it to someone else who may want it or need it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Divinity Bureau by Tessa Clare.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
This question does not apply to me since, you know, blog?
18. What is your favorite word?
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
ALL OF THE ABOVE BABY.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies, because they don’t always have to be good or be bad. They can be whatever they want and they do it soooo much better then Vampires.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels, just because I love the Fallen Angel theme.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves! Who would want to deal with Spirits when you have the moody werewolves.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies. I mean that whole end of the world theme just always feels more comfortable then a bunch of blood sucking humans running around.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love, just because I would rather shove my head in a car door before reading another love triangle.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action Packed with a few love scenes. Just because it gives you the feels and it builds up all the tension instead of it being all lovey like a hallmark movie.
I TAG ALL OF YOU TO DO THIS BOOK TAG!!!!!!
Make sure to link it back to me so I can see your answers!