Hello my little munchkins. How are you all doing? I am doing okay. THE SEASON FINALE OF THIS IS US IS ON TONIGHT AND I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS. I just want it to be back on already and I haven’t even seen the episode for tonight yet. I just am SO SAD!!!
Anyways, I have been really busy making up assignments for a couple of my classes so this post will be a little more to the point then others. I hope you enjoy.
Perfection is a Barbie doll, and, unless you’re looking for a guy with a fake smile, a hard head, and no genitalia, then you’re better off NOT being perfect―Single Chicas
Single Chicas is a collection of stories about modern Latinas being in, out, and around the zany hurdles of relationships. One woman receives strange calls from a lonely soul, another seeks advice on how to love herself, and another wakes up in a parallel universe to a man she’s never met. These chicas will make painstaking effort to survive the complexities with humor and grace. Once again, López dazzles audiences with her brilliantly candid craft. Smart, witty, and funny, these stories will explore the true endurance of singlehood.
- This was a short story so it was really easy to read and fit into my schedule. SO THANK YOU AUTHOR.
- This was a really well-rounded story with great characters, a compelling plot, great pace, amazing setting and a very, very, very witty cast.
- It was a very relatable story in my opinion for looking for love and either getting it or completely failing.
- The single life was extremely funny to read because it was so, ME!
- All-in-All I think this is a great short story to read in your spare time and it will keep your attention and have you laughing left and right.
I give this book 4/5 stars.
You can find Single Chicas on Goodreads
Sandra C. López is one of today’s influential Latina authors in Young Adult literature. Her first novel, Esperanza: A Latina Story, was published in March 2008 WHILE she was still in college. Shortly after that, she wrote the follow up title, Beyond the Gardens, starring her inspirational heroine. Now, this young writer is a full graduate of Cal State University Fullerton with a BFA in the arts. She was named as one of “2011 Top Ten New Latino Authors to Watch” by Latino Stories.