Right Under Your Nose
by Holly Tierney-Bedord
Age category: Adult
Release Date: November 13, 2015
This is a novella length book.
Ariadne Daniels seems to have it all: A successful career as a pastry chef, a Victorian home in a trendy neighborhood, and her dedicated boyfriend Scott who she’s been with for years.
Her life is great until the day she stops by Scott’s apartment to surprise him and finds out that he’s not so dedicated to her after all. Shocked and too depressed to celebrate, she decides to skip Christmas. Her best friend Jess does his part to convince her otherwise, but Ariadne’s determined to wallow in her misery, at least until spring.
Life has other plans for her, however. Some helpful meddling from a new friend at a local bookstore, along with some questionable behavior on the part of Jess’s girlfriend, turn Ariadne’s ho-hum holiday plans on their head.
- First of all inside this book they talk about books so if that isn’t a seller I don’t know what does.
- This is definitely a feel good holiday book that is good to read either when you want to go into the Christmas spirt or just because.
- The main character, Ariandne DEFINITELY did not act her age which in many retrospect made the book weaker than what it could’ve been if the author went a different route.
- The Main character was very self-absorbed and only cared about herself.
- She very much acts like many TEENAGERS that I know and go to school with today which did bring it down.
- I wished there was more family bonding in this story and once you get to certain parts of the book you will understand why.
- The love interest was very much debatable in terms of how he was “In Love” one moment but in the next he was “In Love” with someone else.
- The paranormal aspect of the book was great but I wished we were given more so we could get more insight into what was happening.
- The dialogue was very much forced in certain times making it a drag to read through which was something that did upset me.
- This book is a novella so I believe that if it was longer and went a different route it could’ve been extraordinary.
- This in certain areas felt like a hallmark movie gone slightly bad but with good christmas feels.
In conclusion I give this book 2/5 stars.
You can find Right Under Your Nose on Goodreads
You can buy Right Under Your Nose here:
About the Author:
Holly Tierney-Bedord lives in Madison, Wisconsin. She’s the author of over a dozen books, from thrillers to chick lit to cozy mysteries.
Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, or subscribe to her newsletter for special offers.
You can find and contact Holly here:
In accordance with FTC guidelines/regulations for bloggers and endorsements, please note that all the books reviewed on this blog were either purchased by me or provided to me by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest, unbiased review and nothing else. I gain nothing in return for the review other than the book itself.
My reviews reflect my honest opinion and remain uninfluenced despite Lolasblogtours through which I obtained the book.