Click Date Repeat
by K. J. Farnham
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age category: Adult
Release Date: 21 August, 2014
These days, finding love online is as commonplace as ordering that coveted sweater. But back in 2003, the whole concept of Internet dating was still quite new, with a stigma attached to it that meant those who were willing to test the waters faced a fair amount of skepticism from friends and family.
Such is the case for Chloe Thompson, a restless 20-something tired of the typical dating scene and curious about what she might find inside her parents’ computer. With two serious but failed relationships behind her, Chloe isn’t even entirely sure what she’s looking for. She just knows that whatever it is, she wants to find it.
Based loosely on author K. J. Farnham’s real-life online dating experiences, Chloe’s foray into online dating involves a head-first dive into a world of matches, ice breakers and the occasional offer of dick pics, all while Chloe strives to shake herself of the ex who just refuses to disappear. Will she simultaneously find herself and “the one” online, or will the ever-growing pile of humorous and downright disastrous dates only prove her friends and family right? There’s only one way to find out…
Click. Date. Repeat.
- This story was set in the olden age of online dating, 2003.
- The writing of the story is something that I personally loved and I enjoyed how the author wrote it as it was:
- Elegant but not too Elegant.
- The characters were amazing.
- They must’ve been based off of real people as they felt that real.
- They weren’t perfect which is something that I enjoyed as no-one is perfect, everyone has their flaws and faults.
- I was able to feel the main characters emotions extremely well.
- I was able to feel like I was Chloe at moments as she navigated the cruel world of dating and finding all different types of people.
- I loved how there wasn’t a insta-love romance in this story.
- I PERSONALLY HATE INSTA-LOVE UNLESS IT IS LIKE INSTA-LUST THEN I CAN SEE IT BUT I AM SOOOOO GLAD THERE WASN’T INSTA LOVE IN THIS STORY.
- I DIDN’T KNOW THAT THE BOOK WAS BASED OFF OF THE AUTHORS OWN EXPERIENCES and in my opinion it makes it that much better but a little biased but still none the less a great story.
- For someone who has never been on a date (I.E. ME) this will be a great, fun read for you and for those of you who have been on a date then you will also enjoy it probably more than most of us as you know first hand some first dating horror stories?
- As the story progress it evolves and becomes more complex allowing for her to date multiple on top of multiple people, we find out about her past and her family and friends grow as characters which was something that I enjoyed about reading.
In conclusion, I really enjoyed this book and I highly recommend it especially during the month of February. This book just like any book has unlikable characters and not everyone will love it but I definitely suggest giving it a try.
I give this book 4/5 Stars
You can find Click Date Repeat on Goodreads
You can buy Click Date Repeat here:
– Amazon (Kindle)
– Amazon (Paperback)
About the Author:
Born and raised in a suburb of Milwaukee, K. J. Farnham was an educator for 12 years. She holds a bachelor’s degree from UW-Milwaukee and a master’s degree from Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
After relocating from Milwaukee to Hudson, Wisc., in 2011, Farnham became a freelance writer and resolved to complete her first novel. The storyline for “Click Date Repeat” is a result of her experiences (and mishaps) with online dating, through which she met her husband.
Farnham lives with her husband, three children and four cats. When she is not busy keeping up with her kids, she can be found reading or writing. She is currently working on a spinoff of “Click Date Repeat” and YA suspense novel called SPIN.
You can find and contact the author here: