Hello my little fellow munchkins. How are you doing? I am doing well. I GOT TWO BOOK REVIEWS DONE IN ONE DAY SO I AM PRETTY HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I enjoyed this book and the other both equally. I also had a great day and tomorrow I should be posting at least one more blog post and knock out a bunch of homework. It is finals week and it is official to say that I am already ready for this week to be over with. Anyways you came here to read the review and not to here my rambles so let us get ahead.
Author: Lesley L. Smith
Genre: Hard Science Fiction, Young Adult, Contemporary
Release Date: June 14, 2017
Publisher: Quarky Media
- I enjoyed this book very much and I believe that the premise of the book as great.
- The whole premise of the book is something that is hard to write and I applaud Ms. Smith for writing this.
- However I felt like she could have wrote this as a dystopian or even fantasy and made it even better than it would have been.
- The romance in this book was overbearing and I felt like it would have been better if it hadn’t been in there.
- The characters were really hard to like due to many of the ways that they were presented through the book, how they spoke and how they are.
- I felt like I wasn’t able to connect with these characters which is something that I was really hoping to do as it connects me to the book even more.
- Some parts of the book are just like mostly every other book in which they are predictable yet at other moments this book was very unpredictable. By that I mean is that there are scenes where you know exactly what is going to happen and other scenes where you are completely in a reading trance because of wanting to find out what happened next.
In conclusion I enjoyed this book yet I felt like there was areas where the book could have improved on. I would highly suggest reading her other works as not only I but others can see her other types of books and get more in depth into her writing style.
I give this book 3/5 stars.
You can find the author on both her website and her blog:
In accordance with FTC guidelines/regulations for bloggers and endorsements, please note that all the books reviewed on this blog were either purchased by me or provided to me by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest, unbiased review and nothing else. I gain nothing in return for the review other than the book itself.
My reviews reflect my honest opinion and remain uninfluenced despite the author through which I obtained the book.
HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK? IF SO WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT IT? DO YOU HAVE ANY BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ME? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF WEATHER? IF YOU COULD VIST A PLACE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD IT BE?