Hello my favorite little munchkins. I told you I was going to be finishing a book or two soon so I am here to deliver my very special review. I am going to see the new star wars movie tomorrow hopefully. I am spending time with my family and I am getting ready for the holiday time of the year, CHRISTMAS. What do you celebrate.
Anyways you came here to read a review not to hear my ramble so I will let you start reading.
Author: Mandy Jackson- Beverly
Genre: YA, Magic, Fantasy, SuperNatural
Publishing Date: February 1, 2016
Publisher: Cricket Publishing
The description according to GoodReads, “UCLA art professor Coco Rhodes knows little about her family’s association with the ancient clandestine organization The Allegiance and wants to keep it that way. She dislikes secrets—they’re a painful reminder of her childhood experiences that were erased as a result of her parents’ tragic deaths when she was four years old.
After a brutal attempt on her life, and the arrival of a birthday letter from her dead mother, Coco demands explanations from her brother, Christopher, a high-powered D.C. lawyer and member of the Allegiance.
Christopher guides Coco to her birthplace, Italy, insisting she’ll find her answers there. Enter the enigmatic Gabriel, a powerful warlock with a vampire father, and the ethereal Prudence, keeper of the Allegiance.
When a close friend is murdered, Coco’s life takes a dark turn. With only a faded portrait torn from a lost sketchbook, and one of her mother’s unfinished paintings, Coco unravels clues from her past, in the hope of saving those she loves.”
- I am going to be 100% honest and say that I had difficulty really getting into this story. The reason is very simple:
- The book just immediately went into the vampire element and didn’t really give much background information before what happened to the main character, CoCo.
- But as I read further I really got into the book and I am happy to say that I enjoyed reading it.
- The book was very complex which I something that I personally enjoyed as I got the hang of the book but for some other it may be TOO complicated.
- The relationships between the characters were spectacular and I really enjoyed reading and trying to find out what CoCo would do next.
- The story at certain moments was bland and hard to get through while at other moments it was written perfectly.
- But the bland moments were in the book very little.
- The characters upon characters that were introduced and their storylines were a little bit confusing at moments but at other moments it felt like it was great as we really got to get down to the nitty gritty details of why the characters are like how they are.
- The research and love that the author put into the book is clear as you read it. There are so many simple things that you may not notice if you didn’t look deep into the story.
- The premises of the book is amazing and I would dentally look into it if I were you.
- The ending was gripping and really left me wanting to read more (Which is what I did).
I give this book 4/5 stars
According to GoodReads, ”
My reviews reflect my honest opinion and remain uninfluenced despite the source through which I obtained the book .