Hey munchkins!!! How are you? Sorry that I haven’t been able to post a lot but I hope to get back on schedule soon. I hope you like this book if you read it because I LOVED it. If you have any thoughts, opinion, questions or anything else you want to mention comment down below.
Author: Tessa Clare
Publishing Date: September 21, 2017
Publisher: Asset Creative House
Genre: Dystopian, Young Adult, Romance, Sci-Fi.
Description according to Amazon “The Hunger Games meets Romeo and Juliet in a stunning debut about a forbidden romance between a young activist and a government employee working for a corrupt bureau that controls the population by deciding who lives and who dies.
Roman Irvine is a disgruntled IT Technician for the Divinity Bureau, a government agency that uses random selection to decide who lives and who dies. In a world where overpopulation has led to pollution, a crippled economy, and a world in crisis, he has accepted the bureau’s activities as a necessity. That is until he meets April McIntyre.
April has every reason to be suspicious of Roman. He works for the Divinity Bureau, which sent her father to an early grave. However, he is also sweet and loyal, and unbeknownst to her, he saved her life. As Roman and April fall deeper in love, the deeper they are thrust into the politics of deciding who lives and who dies. Someone wants April dead. And the bureau’s process of random selection may not be so random after all.
“The chemistry between them was perfection…. totally addicting with plenty of feels!”
―Candace Robinson, author of Amazon bestseller Quinsey Wolfe’s Glass Vault
“I was hooked…. THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD BOOK!”
―Miss Kristine’s Reviews
―Shannanigan, Reads and Reels”
- I honestly just went into this book with a clean slate, having no expectations. I didn’t even check the rating.
My Thoughts During And After The Book:
- I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED IT. And I would not call it a hunger games remake because I loved the concept of this book and I do not consider it similar to it.
- Most people have different opinions on switching POVs but I loved seeing it from both April and Roman’s side as I was able to feel what both of them were feeling and understand what was going on in the situation better.
- I loved how the Romance between April and Roman wasn’t toxic and one or the other were helpless. They were allowed to lean on each other and support the other no matter what was happening in their situation and they were able to come back to the other.
- The whole concept of the book was easy to grasp but I would have loved to seen more of Roman’s family in the book.
All in All I would give this book a 5/5 Stars and I highly suggest anyone and everyone to read this.
I was given a copy of this book from the author but ALL thoughts and opinions are mine*
I had such a great time working with Tessa Clare and I would highly suggest to support her and her career.