Author: Kendra Blake
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dark, Fairytale
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication Date: September 20, 2016
Description according to GoodReads:”When kingdom come, there will be one.
In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.
But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.
The last queen standing gets the crown. “
- It seemed like a good concept that was brand new that others haven’t used before.
- I knew from the description that it was going to have a lot of world building. Which meant that the book was going to go in a slow pace for a majority of the book.
- I also could tell from the descriptions that there was going to be three story lines or one big third person point of view that would have contributed to making this book go in a slow yet very much world building pace.
Spoiler Content Below
Thoughts I Had During and After Reading:
- This book had layers upon layers upon layers of information. Which as I stated before contributed to it being a slow paced book. If you don’t think you can read a slow paced book with heavy amounts of world building than this book may not be the one for you.
- There was three main character which were introduced in the beginning of each of their chapters.
- This book was (in my opinion) very interesting and since I DO like reading world building I enjoyed it very much, but as like I said you may not like that so you can either not read it or read it in small bursts.
- This is a dark story so you may want to make sure that you are interested in that as you are going in.
- One thing that did bother me as I was reading this book was how so many characters were introduced at the same time and it made me feel like my brain was going into overload.
In conclusion, This book is a very interesting story with a new premise that stars three main girl characters who are all important and powerful in their own way. I would HIGHLY suggest reading this book.
I gave this book 4/5 stars.
Please tell me what you thought on this book or if this review may have swayed your idea on buying this book.