Author: Kiara London
Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Dates: October 18, 2016
Description: According to Amazon,
“In Kiss Cam, teen author Kiara London asks, what’s a little harmless kissing between friends?
Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel called WereVloggingHere. Their fans are huge “shippers” who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect for each other, and, despite warnings from friends and family, a simple Truth-or-Dare inspired kiss soon spirals out of control into a whole new world of making out and surprise kisses.
Juniper and Jasper’s relationship begins to shift. But as fan requests for different “Kiss Cam” segments keep pouring in, Juniper puts her worries aside and convinces herself that it doesn’t mean anything. After all, it’s just kissing… right?
In this adorably fun, fresh, and modern contemporary romance, a trio of vloggers push the boundaries of their friendship by giving in to fan requests for a “Kiss Cam” segment.”
- It seemed like a regular Young Adult Contemporary with Romance but, as I read the description I found the plot very intriguing.
- IT HAS VLOGGERS.
It sounded very much like a fan fiction to meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
- It seemed like a very fun and fast read.
Some people may be able to find out the ending through the description.
Thoughts I Had While Reading and After:
- It gave me so many fully feels. I mean if you do know what fluffy means (It means like awwww OTP Feels) And I believe that If you enjoy those type of stories you may like this book because it is in this book everywhere.
- It had a strong plot line that wasn’t all about one things and not the other allowing for you to enjoy multiple aspects of the book.
- It isn’t a long book so it didn’t take me that long to read it and it wouldn’t for you EITHER!!!
- This book does have a very unique plot line as I it going on this vlogger adventure with fame and love and friendship and heartbreak and everything some people might experience in their daily life and some may not.
- It has much, much, much humor. However depending your type of humor you may not agree.
- This is a classic Best Friend Falls for Other so You need to be prepared for this trope, or cliche. As this is what the book is surrounded by.
- For me the Point Of View of this story is something that bothered me as, it left some things open and some things not (If that makes sense). It led to more of an observation for the readers and it led to some things being open which bothers me.
- This book could have been better if it allowed to a more broader aspect into the backstory of these characters lives and their friendship (Some of the things in this book were superficial/ artificial which also bothers me).
- There also was a love-triangle of sorts which gave me the creepy jeeps for awhile however, the author fixed that up in a clear and kind way.
- The main character, Juniper kept on denying her feelings which I do understand was there to create a subplot but I believe that the author could have went in a better direction and allowed for us to understand and feel more for the character besides the emotion of annoyance.
In conclusion, I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a cute and fun YA Contemporary with a ever present Romance.